Here are a few things to help you have a clear intuitive connection:
- Being grounded
- Being calm
- Letting go of stress
- Yoga, Tai Chi
- Walking – especially outside
- Listening to classical music
- Taking action on the intuitive guidance that you are receiving
Being grounded is when you are dropped into and occupying your physical body. You’re present and focused. You can feel your connection to the Earth when you’re grounded.
A few ways to help you get and stay grounded are:
- Walking barefoot and/or being outside
- Time at the ocean
- Eating foods that grow in the Earth – potatoes, beets, carrots and other root vegetables
- Grounding mats
- Focusing on feeling your energy in your root chakra and then connecting it down into the Earth
- Doing an activity that you love that gets you into the present moment. Painting, sketching, or writing are some of my favorites. I lose track of time and get a peaceful feeling through and around me.
Being calm is easier once you are grounded (and have let go of stress). For me, it’s a feeling and state of being.
A few things that help me feel calm:
- Sitting quietly on our patio and enjoying my morning cup of coffee. Taking the time to sip and experience the flavor of the coffee.
- A warm bath. With bubble bath or Epsom salt. A candle or incense. Soft music or ohm’s playing.
- Time at the ocean (this one shows up a lot for me – luckily we live near a lot of beaches).
- A morning spiritual practice. A guided meditation (I like Oprah and Deepak’s 21 day mediation programs) and 5-20 minutes of silence.
Quite a few of the activities mentioned above also help with letting go of stress. Taking a moment to breathe in deeply for 6 counts, holding at the top of the breath for 3 counts, then slowing releasing the breath for 6 counts, and holding at the bottom of the breath for 3 counts, and repeating 3 times is a good way to recenter and let go of stress. You can also say or think “I’m letting go of stress” on the out breath.
Taking action on your intuitive guidance also helps you strengthen and trust your intuition. Often we hear, know, see guidance, and may or may not act on it right away (or ever). If you can act on it right when you hear it, or within a couple days, this keeps the connection strong and clear.
It can be simple – like I was wondering what my body wanted to eat. Right after I thought this – I saw (in my mind) a bag of apples sitting on my counter. I normally would get green apples. The ones I “saw” were red, so I put a bag of red applies on my shopping list.
For larger guidance (like moving cross country), you can start by looking for places to live, a job, or job transfer. Researching things to do in the area. The act of looking into it and saying yes, opens the door for the opportunity to move to happen. (sometimes really quickly!).